We, the Tar Sands Blockade and associated individuals, committ to this pledge of nonviolence and solidarity.
- With respect for our community, our opposition, and ourselves, we affirm that we will engage in nonviolent, community building tactics.
- With a need for professionalism, all participants will be well-trained and abide by our code of conduct.
- With awareness that our opponent is a system, not any single individual, we affirm that all those we come into contact with will be treated as if they are our own brothers and sisters. Because in the end, we are family.
- With the knowledge that future generations will look back on our current moment in time, we pledge that nonviolence will be the legacy we leave to our children.
- With solidarity for our brothers and sisters, we denounce law enforcement use of entrapment on vulnerable individuals. We oppose any state repression of dissent, including surveillance, infiltration, disruption and violence.
- With sincere gratitude, we will work in solidarity with all those who are fighting for a more just, peaceful, and sustainable planet.